Norse-American Centennial Biographies
Many individuals were involved in the Norse-American Centennial.
The Norse-American Centennial was the first of its kind in America, and the attendance of more than 200,000 Norwegian-Americans over four days demonstrates its appeal. It was only possible through the tireless work of so many.
Norse-American Centennial Executive Committee
- Gisle Bothne, President
- Albert C. Floan, Second Vice President
- Johan A. Holvik, Secretary
- Nels T. Moen, First Vice President
- Trygve Oas, Treasurer
- Andreas Ueland, Counsel
Other Important Figures
- Waldemar Ager, first prize winner in the "Why We Celebrate" essay contest
- Knut Gjerset, Chairman of the Committee on Exhibitions
- Sigurd H. Holstad, Managing Director
- O.J. Kvale, US Representative who was active in Centennial organizing
- Hanna Astrup Larsen, Author and editor who gave an address at the celebration entitled "The Norse-American Woman"
- Olaf M. Norlie, second prize winner in the "Why We Celebrate" essay contest
- Carl O. Pedersen, influential Lutheran pastor involved in organizing centennial celebrations across America
- Edward G. Quamme, Chairman of the Centennial Finance Committee